A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My name is Mandie and I eat in my sleep!

Many of you have heard of the infamous sleep eating that I do on a regular occasion (aka anytime we have chocolate in our house). I've been known to eat the better half of a pack of oreos and even smear red velvet cake in the attempt to eat it in my college dorm bathroom.

  


Yes...I'm a closet NIGHT EATER! It's a tradition passed on from my grandmother to my uncle and now I am struck with this horrible addiction.  It is pretty much one of the worst things you can do if you're trying to lose wait (not to mention how horrible it is for cavities! Just ask Trey Harris!! He has a lot of our money due to night eating!!!). True Story: one night in the not so distant past, I begged, pleaded and bargained with Justin to make brownies at 12:30 AM! YES, 12:30 AM!!!!!  And, because he's such a sweet husband (or maybe he knew that I would keep him up all night if he didn't hmmmm) he actually made them. (Yes, there were a few left the next morning or ... the same morning....whatever!)  So, today's change is a BIIIIIIIGGGG one for me. 



The Goal: Don't eat after 9 pm
The Plan: Chain the cabinets!! Well...maybe not...but lets just say we will not have chocolate in our house for a looooong time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat at night and Dr. Harris has a lot of my money. No matter how much brushing or flossing, I'm gonna blame it on nursing, the kids sucking all the calcium out of me.

    ReplyDelete