A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Healthy is more than just your weight...

Even people of a healthy weight can have trouble with mental, emotional and spiritual health. I would venture to say that while it's important to have a balance of all of these, many times this aspect of 'health' can be the toughest yet most important of them all. This morning was a really tough morning. All too often my mental and emotional health are completely thrown off because my plan doesn't always happen accordingly. This morning, nothing seemed to go my way. I literally had to turn around and go back home THREE times because I forgot different things. My camera broke on a day that I needed to take pictures of houses. I had a 30 minute crisis where I couldn't find a key. And, when I went to my listing appointment, I found out the potential client was in the hospital after having a sudden, major stroke and that she was not believed to make it past today. Wow! Breathe! I just had to take a moment after all of this! My camera is now fixed and the lost key is found. But, there are just days where you have to throw your hands up and literally take a break! So, here is what I have learned to do when life starts to carry me away without my consent:

1) Take time to collect my thoughts and breathe
2) Think about responses I need to have/make towards the previous stressors
3) Come up with a new plan if possible (Especially when going back to bed and waking up again isn't an option ;) )
4) Make a new agenda or list for the rest of my day (This helps me not get sidetracked by the stresses from earlier)

This is the only way I can get through a day like today. Also, lots of praying and praising the Lord! Does anyone else have days like today or is it just me???

No comments:

Post a Comment