A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Days to a more healthy me!

So, if any of you follow blogs. You know October is the month where many bloggers commit to blogging about one topic every day for 31 days. (I know what you're thinking...yeah right, she'll last maybe a week) But, in the words of Moses {aka the guy who probably wrote Numbers} "Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?" Num. 23:19. So, if I want to be like HIM, I've got to do what I say! How's that for accountability...ok back to the topic at hand...I have decided to write for THIRTY ONE days about becoming more healthy {ok I admit it...a little more skinny too}. I have run different events off and on for the last 2 years. But, this time, I have one goal in mind...to finally kick these last 20 {or so} pounds out of my life! So, basically, I am going to commit to changing one life habit a day and ACTUALLY STICKING TO THE CHANGE!!

October 1st...
Yesterday, my goal was to work out. No matter what happened, before I put my head on my pillow last night, I was going to sweat in some way, shape or form. So, thank God for Billy Banks! I spent about 45 minutes with him yesterday and sweat I did!

THE GOAL: WORK OUT 6 DAYS A WEEK
THE PLAN: BILLY BANKS (4 DAYS A WEEK) RUN/WALK (2 DAYS A WEEK)


This is the workout video I'm doing right now. But, I may switch it up a few times this month so I don't get bored.

October 2nd...
Since, I'm starting on day 2...I'll combine both days on one post. It will not normally be this long!  Today my goal is to pay attention to the food I put in my mouth! I normally eat how I want to eat. While I don't gorge myself, I also don't think twice about eating a brownie, drinking diet coke/sweet tea or eating like 500,000 carbs a day! So...

THE GOAL: PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I EAT
THE PLAN: WRITE IT DOWN {Keep a food journal for the next 31 30 days.}

READY...GET SET...GO!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Maybe once I get back to running we could run together since we live so close. Think about it, I'm probably going to try and start back after I quit pumping in the next 1.5 mos.

    ReplyDelete