A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recognizing Failure and Moving On...

So, there are going to be times that you let yourself down when  you are accomplishing anything in life. This week, I didn't work out every day that I wanted to and today, I left the house and completely forgot my lunch (poor planning, huh...wait, didn't I write about that yesterday...hmmm). But, I have learned that you can't let one failure take you out of the game. Soooooo many times, I let one setback ruin a perfectly good momentum! Instead... I need to:

1) Think about why I failed
2) Think about a way to avoid that next time
3) Make a new goal/plan! (which gives you the *new* momentum to move on)

So, {1} why did I fail to workout...because I didn't want to wake up and I didn't plan ahead. {2} how can I avoid this next time...have everything ready to go and wake up{3} what's my plan...have workout clothes ready/set my alarm {and actually get up:)}/have workout plan ready {that doesn't wake up the child or the husband...Billy Banks is apparently too loud haha!}

Here's to a great weekend with awesome Carolina weather!

(P.S. I have a feeling this post can be substituted for many things in life other than working out)

No comments:

Post a Comment