A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Friday, August 5, 2011

{LISTEN} :to hear something with thoughtful attention

I have been reading through the Old Testament {currently in Exodus}. I am taking a short break to go to one of my FAVORITE books: PROVERBS! I knew that as I begin my job search and see the different avenues available to me, I would need wisdom. So...as I began reading {I'm only on chapter 4 right now}, I started noticing a word or phrase coming up quite often: LISTEN or PAY ATTENTION. 

The Lord is telling me to ... stop talking ... sit down ... & listen! For those of you that know me, these are apparently tough concepts for me to grasp! Today, I have deemed it a 'quiet day.' There won't be a tv on nor a radio. Today is a day to listen and silently worship Him! I have faith that if I stop to Listen, He will lead. But, I first have to relinquish control, STOP TALKING and ...
{Listen}: to hear something with thoughtful attention.

For those of us {yes..me included} that need it broken down

Step One: STOP TALKING! 
 (kludgespot.blogspot.com)

Step Two: BE STILL!
(do2learn.com)

Step Three: LISTEN AND {Please Wait}
 (dwp.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment