A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yard Sales: Hidden Treasures or More Junk!!!

One of my memories as a child was my mom going yard selling! I must say that those memories are mostly filled with bored sighs asking "Is this the last one?" But....NOW....I see yard sales as a vast opportunity to: 1) Save money and/or 2) Make money :) The first step to yard selling is: don't buy something you won't use or need!!!! Otherwise you end up with a garage/house full of stuff that you'll eventually sell to another unfortunate soul!  So, hopefully here's a little inspiration for you. I have been yard selling the past two months and I have found:

1) Set of white plates (dinner & dessert) and large white serving platter: $10 (replaced the 5 year old black Wal-Mart plates that were in desperate need of being tossed)
2) Black Chest. This thing must be 40 - 50 years old and will go at the end of our guest bed for storage: $15
3) Two Bedside Tables: $5 each (Again to be painted and put in the guest bedroom)
4) Road Bike!! - That's right a road bike! I've been looking for one for a year and a half!!! - wait for it...$15!!! (I couldn't resist posting a picture of this one...I may post the others tonight)

What have I learned: yard sales (done in moderation and with intention) can be gold mines!

No comments:

Post a Comment