A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls Night Out...

So, I am of the opinion that couples need friends! Meaning, I cherish times with my girlfriends. One of my best friends in the world brought her son over today and we had about 3 hours to just talk about life. I needed that! I can share things with my sweet husband all day long. But, there are certain things that only another girl can relate to!! I know people who are so busy with life that they have few relationships outside of their family. Don't get me wrong; I love and appreciate my family! I have probably laughed my hardest with my sister and mom; but...friendships...female friendships are a blessing. I want to always make time to nourish and grow genuine girl friendships! Somehow food and good desserts and sometimes good coffee seem to bring us girls together in ways that nothing else can! Our Sunday School class has a Girls Night Out once a month. One girl hostesses and cooks and we typically have some sort of activity. So, tonight about 10 of us girls spent the night talking, eating, making the super cute craft below (which I don't know exactly what I will do with yet), eating (did I already mention that?!) and laughing. So, what did I learn tonight? I will always have a girlfriend and good coffee in my life no matter how busy I am!! :)

(So, this was laughably easy but so cute..from http://buttonbirddesigns.blogspot.com/)

(Not sure if I'll keep it here or not??)

No comments:

Post a Comment