A glimpse into the ministry and mind (and all the craziness in between) of a working wife and mom...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Lord, give me rest!

Have you ever had times in your life when your schedule just decided to take a very sharp, very sudden turn?! Whether its because you're starting a new job, just had a baby, just retired, sickness or a death in the family, our bodies and minds (or at least mine) do not like a change in routine! So, when I suddenly started this whole real estate gig (which really doesn't have a schedule by the way) and decided to work 14, 15, 16 days in a row (not All day, every day but still), lets just say I was tired. Really, I was beyond tired. I was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted at the end of the day! But, in real estate, if you're not working, you're not making income. So, I felt that need to continue until I at least get some income flowing back into our family. So how do you get rest when you physically don't have time to REST? I think everyone gets there at some point in their life where they simply do not have the option to quit (baby, helping elderly parents, etc.). This Sunday, as I was worshipping, I quietly stopped singing and said,

"Lord, I know this is only a season and a season to which YOU have called me. Lord, please give me rest. Quiet and organize my thoughts and give me renewed energy!"

Why oh why was I surprised when HE actually did answer my prayer. On Monday, it was like I had slept for 2 days! Now, I'm finally organized and able to accomplish so much more! How gracious is our God!?!

I will tell you more this week about my schedule and how I keep it all rolling at home and at work! Because the Lord continues to grant me mercy and grace to GET IT ALL DONE!

What did I learn: When I need something...ASK for it!

My mother in law recently sent me an email entitled: "Have you ever been this tired?" I couldn't help but include a few pics from it!!! This is closest depiction of how I was feeling!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment